Organised and committed ICT and web communication expert with 10+ years of projects development experience. Seeking a position as a web communication specialist to utilize my knowledge in media and education stakeholders’ outreach; print and web projects coordination and internal and external communication skills; to effectively communicate the goals and objectives of an organization.
Experience: Qatar Foundation, Reach Out to Asia
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, Reach Out To Asia
ICT and Technology Specialist
- Completed the e-marketing strategy for the new Reach Out To Asia (ROTA) web presence to be delivered to top management. Directed the operations, scope of work, framework and organised data gathering workshops. Finalised the report drafted with consultants and all senior managers in ROTA.
- Established the foundations for the training and recruitment of IT volunteers involved in the ‘Better Connections’ programme, a digital inclusion project in cooperation with The Ministry of Technologies of Information and Communications (ictQATAR) to provide digital literacy trainings to migrant workers in Qatar.
- Distributed refurbished computers to schools in Qatar, including a school for 300 Pakistani children unable to join the formal education system. Managed the ROTA Computer Refurbishing initiative to collect used computers from companies in Qatar to be refurbished and distributed to deserving schools and migrant workers.
- Launched a community space for teachers to work on iEARN International projects and a Knowledge Network where teachers can share their work with other colleagues (kn.reachouttoasia.org)
- Successfully launched a renewed Reach Out To Asia web portal using state-of-the-art open source technology. Part of this work included the complete business analysis and requirements gathering from all ROTA departments. I piloted a team of four engineers contracted by Qatar Foundation and secured final sign off and quality assurance of delivered products.
- Launched a series of e-marketing tools and trained colleagues on using a complete CRM solution to send out e-newsletters and alerts, tools for publishing content by non-technical teams and a full-fledged fundraising system.
Experience – European Schoolnet
EUN partnership AISBL (European Schoolnet) – Brussels, Belgium
Information and Communication Officer
Feb 2005 – Sept 2010
- Played a pivotal role in synchronizing concepts, portals, website and managing the development of web applications for large-scale European Union projects including the European e-Skills Week (DG Enterprise), Scientix platform for the teaching of Math, Science and Technology (DG Research) and Peer Learning in Europe/P2V (DG Eduaction&Culture).
- Originated and managed publications of books, brochures etc for several projects including: Electronic Games in Schools (ISFE), iClass (DG-Information Society).
- Planned and deployed an integrated range of e-marketing concepts including the use of web 2.0 technologies, social networking and monitored production and edition of electronic newsletters, to be distributed among 5,000 teachers/ head teachers, policy makers and education stakeholders.
- Authored and edited two books: Learning Management System (iClass, the future of learning) and Peer Learning Methodologies for policy makers, teachers and school inspectors (Learning from each other, The P2V project on ICT and school change).
- Delivered training to 80 teachers for new learning management system (iClass) and organized study visits to EUN partnership for teachers, school leaders and international visitors: KERIS (Korea), NIME (Japan).
- Planning, developing and delivering internal and external communications and serving as writer/editor/designer of various publications.
- Evaluating and defining project requirements, analyzing functions, determining appropriate solutions, monitoring coding/testing for new and modified websites, portals, blogs, web application, resource libraries for projects, conferences, competitions, events and corporate website.
- Writing, compiling and editing articles, books, features, press releases and newsletters. Determining the editorial content, cross checking the facts, contributing to matters of design and proofreading all publications material.
- Mentoring interns and colleagues on journalistic techniques, including education, new technologies, innovations and policy making.
Experience – European Journalism Centre
European Journalism Centre – Maastricht, The Netherlands
Webmaster and web editor
July 2001 ~ January 2005
July 01 – Mar 02: Joined as an intern later worked as freelance Webmaster and subsequently got employed as Web Editor
- Responsible for the corporate website editorial and technical maintenance. Launched two other websites for journalism training institutions and tips for journalists.
- Aided with creation, strategy and development of content for stories and newsletter for European Media News bulletin and stories for magazine ‘Crossroads’- pertaining to new technologies, research, etc.
- Ensured accuracy of information included in magazines, brochures and newsletters.
- Reorganized and formatted content for the architecture of web sites and effective interactive communications.
- Troubleshot the website, developed new modules for web site, web interface designing, database update, added new pages as and when required.
- Designed and developed a number of back end processes aimed at improving the sites overall performance, general effectiveness, usability, and search engine rankings.
- Organized training seminars on eLearning solutions for journalism training institutions.
Université de Bourgogne (Dijon, France), University of Bradford (UK)
Master of Arts Communications ‘Euromédias’
Course content: Graphic Communication, Editing, Audiovisual Media, Journalism, Audiovisual Communication, Press (Internship), Mass Communication, Modern Languages
Six month study in England at Electronic Imaging and Media Communication, University of Bradford (EU Erasmus Programme)
Université de Paris X (Paris, France)
Bachelor of Arts Journalism and Communication
Course content: Marketing, Graphic Communication, Editing, Public Relations, Journalism, Scientific Journalism, Press Law, Modern Languages.
Secured an internship as one of three best students in science journalism class with Science & Vie Excelsior Publications.
• Produced short and medium-size stories each month on a freelance basis until May 2000.
Blamire, R.; Gerhard, P., Learning from each other: The P2V project on ICT and school change (May 2009, Belgium. ISBN 9789078209904)
Gerhard, P. et alii, The Future of Learning? Results from the iClass project (June 2008, Belgium. ISBN: 9789078209621)
Alexa Joyce (EUN partnership/European Schoolnet), Senior Communication and Business development manager: email@example.com
Roger Blamire (EUN partnership/European Schoolnet), Senior Manager Policy and practice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Giuseppe Zaffuto (European Journalism Centre), Director of programmes (on leave): email@example.com